DateSaturday 14th March 2020
ItineraryWhitehead Excursion Station
PriceAdult £2.50, Child £2
It’s the first Steam of 2020 at Whitehead Railway Museum on Saturday 14th March!
The Museum will be celebrating Saint Patrick’s Weekend with steam train rides from Whitehead Excursion Station platform and a themed treasure hunt.
Experience a taste of steam travel with a mini steam train ride* departing from our station platform. Our team of enthusiastic volunteers will be operating the steam engine and its train. Jump aboard and explore the restored carriages, pick your seat, get your ticket stamped by our conductor, watch for the signals and feel the rail deal!
- Can you find the RPSI’s lucky leprechaun and his stolen pot of gold??
- Receive a FREE Treasure Hunt entry with every museum admission!
- Figure out the clues and help us find our missing leprechaun and his stolen pot of gold before the day is over.
- One lucky winner will receive a year-long family pass to the Whitehead Railway Museum, runners up will receive a Goody Bag.
The Edwardian Tea Room, serving a selection of winter warmers and sweet treats, will be open 10am-4pm. Local sweet vendor, Carmel's Sweet Shop, will be selling candy floss from the platform.
Pay your fare on the day.
- *Steam Train Rides travel the length of our track at Whitehead Excursion Station within our premises.
- Train rides will be running from 12 to 4pm, every 15 minutes or so.
- One Treasure Hunt submission per family/group.
- Winners will be contacted via email.
- Winners announced on social media.
For further information please email us.