Why join the RPSI?
So that you can join the many active volunteers that keep steam trains operating in Ireland.
Or just to help support us by paying a subscription.
What are the benefits of joining the RPSI?
The Society was formed in 1964 and is a registered charity. By joining you financially contribute to promoting its aims and work.
Membership entitles you to:
- Join in with the many active volunteers who help in all aspects of operating steam trains.
- Ad-hoc Irish railway news bulletins via e-mail (currently enjoyed by over 75% of our members).
- An annual glossy magazine "Five Foot Three" produced by the RPSI.
- Regular news-sheets and advance information on Society activities.
- Members-only area of this website, giving access to a host of archive material, Five Foot Three, news and photo galleries.
- The chance to become a volunteer and to help maintain and operate the RPSI trains.
- Free travel for regular volunteers on certain RPSI trains.
- Special offers on railway books and souvenirs.
- Regular meetings and film shows during the winter months.
- Discounted fare on the annual May weekend steam tour.
- Free admission to the Whitehead Railway Museum (excludes special events).
- Prior notification of popular trains going on sale.
- The satisfaction of knowing that your subscription is helping to keep the Society’s wheels turning.
How do I join?
The current subscription rates are listed on the membership form.
You may pay by one of the following:
- Post/Email - Print out the form below, fill it in and send with payment to the address given:
- Standing Order - Use the account details and subscription rate on the relevant form for your region:
Please return the completed form or use the information on it to set up a standing order via your own online bank.
- Bank Transfer - Use the account details and subscription rate relevant to your region (details on standing order forms above).
Please email us with the date and amount sent. Be sure to use your name as the transfer reference.
Can I Gift Aid my subscription and donations?
Members who are United Kingdom taxpayers are encouraged to Gift Aid their subscription to the Society to allow us to reclaim from the Inland Revenue tax paid on the amount.
Your donations will qualify as long as they’re not more than 4 times what you have paid in tax in that tax year (6 April to 5 April). The tax could have been paid on income or capital gains. You must tell the charities you support if you stop paying enough tax.
How can I help now?
Once you have joined, have a look for more information on the Volunteering page.
How can I help after I'm gone?
If you would like to consider providing for the Society in your will then more information is available here.
Thank you in advance for your support. Remember, without your contribution the RPSI would not exist for the enjoyment of thousands.
By taking out membership you consent to the Society contacting you by post and/or email with details of RPSI trains and events. To learn more about your data protection see RPSI Privacy Notice.