Useful links to third party companies and societies.
If you come across a broken link, then please email us the details, with a correct link if possible.
Research And Archives
- Irish Railway Record Society - The IRRS preserves documents, books, historical records, etc., and publishes "Records Of The Irish Transport Genealogical Archive" which will be of great help to those researching their family history.
- Irish National Archive - Searchable editions of the census data for Ireland (32 counties) in 1901 and 1911.
- Public Records Office - Northern Ireland public records.
- UK Railway Employment Records - Records from 1833 to 1963. These will contain some information on Irish employees of early UK companies.
- National Railway Museum - Research page, includes Database of fallen British and Irish railwaymen from World War One.
- Whitehead Community Association - Owns and manages the Whitehead Community Centre.
- Whitehead Bed & Breakfast - Whitehead
- Dobbins Inn - Carrickfergus
- Loughshore Hotel - Carrickfergus
- Premier Inn / Harbour Restaurant - Carrickfergus
- Visit Belfast - Information on events taking place in the Belfast area.
- Visit Dublin - Information on events taking place in the Republic's capital, as well as helping you find deals on accommodation, etc.
- Fáilte Ireland - The Irish tourist board.
- Tourism NI - The Northern Ireland tourist board.
- Irish Rail / Iarnród Éireann - Republic of Ireland's rail operator.
- NI Railways - Northern Ireland's rail operator.
- Heritage Railway Association - The UK and Ireland's umbrella body.
- Downpatrick and County Down Railway - Heritage line based in Downpatrick, County Down.
- Waterford & Suir Valley Railway - Narrow gauge line based in Kimeaden, County Waterford.
- Connemara Railway - Heritage line based in Maam Cross, County Galway.
- Ulster Transport Museum - The Irish Rail Gallery at Cultra, County Down.
- Modern Railway Society of Ireland - Fostering interest in the current railway scene in Ireland.
- Donegal Railway Heritage Centre - Preserving all things CDR, based in Donegal Town.