|Manufacturer||John Hetherington & Sons, Manchester|
The LMS NCC wheel lathe came from York Road Works.
It is capable of turning wheels up to 7 ft diameter.
The motor and controls were made in 1924. It is a 400 volt, direct current, 45 horsepower motor, and it must be speed controlled. The control box was originally a huge steel box with a slate panel supporting electrical contactors, adjustable and fixed resistors. It is now operated by six push-buttons on a small panel which is mounted near the operator.