We are delighted to welcome you to Whitehead Excursion Station.
Our Welcome Back Video
We have been awarded the ‘Good to Go’ industry standard mark, certifying that we are adhering to the respective Government and public health guidance, have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and have the required processes in place.
Measures We Have Undertaken
The comfort and wellbeing of our volunteers and visitors is of utmost importance to us and so we have introduced a number of new measures.
- To help us maintain social distancing measures we are asking all visitors to book online in advance.
- We have enhanced our cleaning regimes on site, with touch points in each gallery being wiped down regularly.
- Hand Sanitiser Stations are provided for you to use throughout the site.
- We will be asking our guests to maintain social distancing whilst using our facilities.
- Toilets are available on site, but only 1 household or bubble at a time will be permitted to use.
- Some areas may be restricted, due to social distancing regulations.
- We are using Perspex screens to protect visitors, staff and volunteers.
- We are providing clear and frequent visitor information signage and floor markings on site.
- If you are feeling unwell or experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 we would ask you and members of your party or family group to not attend the railway museum.
- Please respect social distancing measures whilst on site. We are a largely open-air museum, with a great deal of space so as to allow for 1-2m distance between visitors.
- Following advice from the NI Executive, face masks are now mandatory in enclosed spaces, therefore you are advised that everyone who can wear a face covering should do so when visiting the museum. All of our staff and volunteers will be wearing appropriate PPE.
- Please refrain from touching your face.
- Wash your hands often and use the hand sanitisation stations available as much as possible.
Food and Drink
Our beautiful Tea Room is back for business as well. Step back to a bygone era in our quaint cafe, enjoying a warm cuppa by the fire or a cool drink under our outside canopy if the sun is shining.
Please note we have restricted numbers of visitors, in order to allow for appropriate social distancing.
While contactless payment is advised, we also accept cash payments in GBP Sterling.
We have public toilets available throughout the site. We ask that you please follow the guidance we have put in place for everyone’s safety when using our toilets.
The Museum is fully accessible. We want to make sure everyone who visits us feels welcome. If you need any extra help on your tour please don’t hesitate to contact one of our guides.